Shop Hop Basics
Great Sewing Adventures™ Across Texas
March 1 – April 30, 2024
Shop Hop Inc hosts state and regional events that promote the textile arts by bringing together sewing and quilting enthusiasts in support of local stores and communities. Each Shop Hop event features a magazine, exclusive fabrics, giveaways, patterns and prizes.
Get the Shop Hop Magazine
The All Texas Shop Hop Magazine is your guide to all things about the event. In addition, you will find patterns, articles and resources for sewing and quilting. Your magazine will be a great reference even after the Shop Hop has ended. Use it as inspiration for a new project, or to find a quilt shop as you meander through Texas.
- Magazines will be available about 6 weeks before the event begins at participating Shop Hop stores.
- Many stores will also sell the magazine online or over the phone and mail it to you.
- Your magazine will include an official Passport. Each person in your party will need a Passport in order to register for prizes.
- Regional and state maps are included in the magazine to help you plan your routes.
- The magazine notes special hours for participating Shop Hop stores.
Each year we have custom fabric designed exclusively for the All Texas Shop Hop. The fabric is sold only at Shop Hop stores during the event.
- The 2024 exclusive All Texas Shop Hop Fabrics were designed by QT Fabrics.
- Check with stores to find out which fabrics they will carry. Some stores allow pre-orders of fabric, but you won’t be able to pick up your purchase until after the first day of the Shop Hop.
- Our exclusive Shop Hop Fabrics often sell out, so be sure to pick some up when you see it. When it’s gone, it’s gone!
Free Collectible Quilt Blocks
In addition to having your Passport stamped, you may pick up a free quilt block from each store you visit on your Great Sewing Adventures™ Across Texas!
- Each store has created a unique, 4-inch quilt block that captures the creative fun of sewing and quilting. Combine the quilt blocks you collect with the exclusive All Texas Shop Hop Fabrics to make a one-of-a-kind project.
- Regional Quilt Blocks – When you collect Passport stamps from all stores in a Region, we’ll send you a free 6-inch, on-point quilt block to commemorate your accomplishment. You must turn in your Passport to receive Regional quilt blocks. You’ll receive one block for each region completed.
- State Quilt Blocks – When you collect Passport stamps from ALL stores in the All Texas Shop Hop and turn in your Passport you will receive a free “I Finished Texas” state block.
- A commemorative 8-inch state block (different design than the state finisher blocks) may be purchased at participating stores or from our online store.
Thanks to our generous industry and store sponsors, hundreds of prizes are available to All Texas Shop Hop participants.
- Be sure to have your Passport stamped at each store you visit.
- All winners are selected by random drawing from qualifying Passports received (postmarked by May 5, 2024.)
- Prize levels and qualifications, as well as a list of prizes and sponsors are available on the prize page.
Share Your Creations
Did you make your collectible quilt blocks into something awesome? How did you use the exclusive All Texas Shop Hop fabrics? What other fabrics, tools, supplies, patterns or advice did you pick up, and what did they inspire you to create?
Share your stories and creations with us!